Hi there! My name is Ramli. That’s pronounced RAM-LEE, which rhymes with “valley” or rally”. I’m a Toronto-based growth marketing and conversion optimization expert. I help businesses increase their profitability by employing data, analytics and tools to turn more of their website visitors into customers.
I’m a BMath (University of Waterloo) and MBA (Ivey School of Business) grad. After my undergrad, I worked with Java, Pyton and COBOL as a Marketing Systems Analysts at PepsiCo, where I developed high-profile analytics tools for the marketing team. After my MBA, I founded several startups and worked as the head of marketing for tech companies in Toronto, San Francisco and New York.
I’m currently the Managing Director and co-founder of Idea 51, a data-driven, user-centric conversion optimization and web/mobile design agency. We’ve worked with established brands such as Adobe, Nikon and Telus to fast-growing e-commerce startups.
When I’m not optimizing websites or exploiting data-driven routes to increase the profits of my clients, you can find me rock climbing, writing or riding my motorcycle.
I also love helping other entrepreneurs and marketers. You can schedule a free 30-minute call with me, send me a short note to hello [at] ramlijohn.com or Tweet at @RamliJohn. Come say hi :).
BMath (University of Waterloo) & MBA (Ivey School of Business)
Let’s connect. Send me a connection request on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter.
Digital marketing experience
Coffees Consumed in 2016
- "Ramli was superb at understanding where I am with my business and gave some excellent advice and tips on next steps."Sharif Bouktila - CEO at Sapro Solutions / Edinburg, Ireland
- "Ramli helped me talk through some challenges I was having at my fast-growing company and identified key areas to focus on."Lana Lingbo - Marketing Director at Teikametrics
- "Ramli was very helpful in providing advice regarding user acquisition."YishiFounder at Wikispective
- "Ramli provided excellent marketing insights. It is clear that he is talented and knowledgeable marketer."Jordan Brown - Founding Partner at MedPilot Inc.
- "Ramli was very helpful in giving advice about the best strategy to grow my startup idea."Wilbert Liu - Yogyakarta, Indonesia