Hi there! My name is Ramli. That’s pronounced RAM-LEE, which rhymes with “valley” or rally”. I’m a Toronto-based growth marketing and conversion optimization expert. I help businesses increase their profitability by employing data, analytics and tools to turn more of their website visitors into customers.
I’m a BMath (University of Waterloo) and MBA (Ivey School of Business) grad. After my undergrad, I worked with Java, Pyton and COBOL as a Marketing Systems Analysts at PepsiCo, where I developed high-profile analytics tools for the marketing team. After my MBA, I founded several startups and worked as the head of marketing for tech companies in Toronto, San Francisco and New York.
I’m currently the Managing Director and co-founder of Idea 51, a data-driven, user-centric conversion optimization and web/mobile design agency. We’ve worked with established brands such as Adobe, Nikon and Telus to fast-growing e-commerce startups.
When I’m not optimizing websites or exploiting data-driven routes to increase the profits of my clients, you can find me rock climbing, writing or riding my motorcycle.
I also love helping other entrepreneurs and marketers. You can schedule a free 30-minute call with me, send me a short note to hello [at] ramlijohn.com or Tweet at @RamliJohn. Come say hi :).
BMath (University of Waterloo) & MBA (Ivey School of Business)
Let’s connect. Send me a connection request on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter.
Digital marketing experience
Coffees Consumed in 2016
- "Ramli was very helpful in giving advice about the best strategy to grow my startup idea."Wilbert Liu - Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- "Ramli helped me talk through some challenges I was having at my fast-growing company and identified key areas to focus on."Lana Lingbo - Marketing Director at Teikametrics
- "Ramli provided excellent marketing insights. It is clear that he is talented and knowledgeable marketer."Jordan Brown - Founding Partner at MedPilot Inc.
- "Ramli was superb at understanding where I am with my business and gave some excellent advice and tips on next steps."Sharif Bouktila - CEO at Sapro Solutions / Edinburg, Ireland
- "I needed to soundboard some ideas on growth strategies for my new business. One of the things we discussed was content creation. Ramli provided insight on his experience with video versus webinars. The rationale he shared was exactly what I was looking for!"Jason Perez - Principal at Red Bird Agency